Axel Johnson is one of the leading trade and service companies in the Nordics, constantly motivated to move forward by the drive to want, dare and renew. In 2015, we introduced Axlab as a system to capture all the good ideas of our employees.
The purpose of Axlab is to promote ideas that create future value for our customers. We want to increase our renewal speed and competitiveness with the help of our dedicated employees. They know the business best, and through Axlab everyone can influence how Axel Johnson will develop in the future.
The overall purpose of Axlab is to promote ideas that create future value for our customers. This could be new products, services or offers, but they should all support our sustainable business strategy, which comprises the following six target-areas (read more here):
Valuable customer offering
Resource-efficient, eco-friendly and high-quality operations
Sustainable and efficient production
Value-based employeeship and leadership
Axlab is a place for renewal in the form of an innovation platform open 48 hours for all employees. Axlab was initiated by Axel Johnson and the respective CEOs of the Group companies.
In the latest edition of Axlab, which was carried out in 2020, a total of 781 ideas were submitted. A group of experts from our various companies then selected some thirty ideas, which were reviewed by our Group management. Subsequently, the following finalists were selected, who presented their ideas in a digital version of Dragon’s Den, consisting of Axel Johnson’s Group Management and the CEOs of the Group companies:
· Cheffle staffing service by Charlotte Dahlberg, Ewa Strameus, Josefin Bäckmark and Maria Tolppi from Martin & Servera
· Pop Up Store by Camilla Fariss and Gabriella Eng from KICKS
· Grow360 by Martina Andresen, Ella Norén Haglid, Gabriella Nobel, Valentin Romanov and Åsa Domeij from Axfood
· IOM QR Code by Valentina Cristea from AxFlow, Italy
· Skintruck by Emelie Kraft, Nicole Nilsson Örnberg and Elin Björk from Skincity
· Always the right balance in store by Anna Galic from Åhléns AB
· STC Stars by Linda Bohrarper from STC
· Dustin Circular Week by Jonas Kjellkvist and Christian Persson from Dustin Group
The winning idea, IOM QR Code, was presented by Valentina Cristea, from Axflow in Italy. First runner up was “Grow360” by Axfood, and “Skintruck” and “Pop up Store” by Skincity and KICKS came in shared third place.
Listen to our CEO Mia Brunell Livfors and Chairman Caroline Berg tell more about Axlab:
Watch the film from the “Dragons’ Den” in Axlab 2018: