Axel Johnson is a leading Swedish family-owned group, with a major footprint in food, and with businesses spanning sectors as diverse as beauty, health and wellness, IT solutions and solar energy. Axel Johnson is currently undergoing the most rapid transformation in its near 150 years, pursuing our 10/50 goal – meaning that in ten years’ time, 50 percent of operations will consist of things the group doesn’t do today. The foundation of the group’s success lies in long-term family ownership, profitable organic growth and focus on sustainability with regards to both financials and to societal and environmental impact.
The Axel Johnson group companies currently comprise Axel Johnson International, Axfood, AxSol, Dustin, KICKS, Martin & Servera, Novax, Skincity and Åhléns.
The recruitment process to our second group of trainees to join us in the mission of achieving our bold 10/50-goal is now closed. More information on the next program here during late fall 2022. Axplore is Axel Johnson’s group common trainee program, offering a unique opportunity to explore several of the companies within our group by taking part in exciting business development projects. In return, we believe that you will bring in new perspectives, knowledge and energy to our group and question our existing way of doing things, pushing us as an organization to meet the demands of tomorrow. Innovative. Forward-looking. Value-driven.
What we offer you
As an Axplore trainee, we offer you an exciting opportunity to be a part of a program that is designed to challenge and support you as a person to reach your full potential and contribute with real value in building and developing our businesses. You will get the opportunity to work with management team assignments such as completing different analyses, take part in board- and management meetings etc. Within some companies, you will also experience some operational work in stores and/or warehouses.
• The program runs for 12 months, starting end of August, and is held in Stockholm.
• Right from the start, you will be offered a permanent employment at one of the participating companies within Axel Johnson (your home organization)
• The first 6 months of the program, you will spend at your home organization
• The last 6 months, you will do 1-2 exchanges getting the opportunity to explore other companies within our group to gain new perspectives and experiences
• You will be offered your own mentor and buddy
• You will act as mentor to an executive from our group companies, in our Reversed mentoring program
• You will become a part of one of Sweden’s largest and most influential corporate groups and get the opportunity to work with some of the most skilled people in the industry, in a fast-moving environment where innovation and intrapreneurship is present at all times
• Market competitive compensation and benefits
Who are we looking for?
As an Axplore trainee, you are a bachelor’s or master’s graduate in Engineering, Business, Economics or equivalent with <2 years’ work experience. You are an EU citizen or have a Swedish work permit.
As a person we see that you:
…have a curious mindset, and a genuine interest to build and develop businesses
…seek to explore new ideas, and bring positive change to our business
…take ownership, are committed and have strong integrity
…have strong communication skills
…share our values and want to join us on our journey to create inclusive and learning organizations
At Axel Johnson we believe that diversity makes our operations better. Through diversity, we renew our businesses in smarter ways and understand our customers better. We want to attract the best skills and recruit from the entire talent pool. We believe this leads to new solutions, better decision-making and thus better operations and society. We will strive for a heterogeneous group when looking for our future trainees.
Applications for Axplore #2 have now closed. Applications for Axplore #3 will open in January 2023.
Axplore is certified by TraineeGuiden.